Mom’s Chicken Pot Pie Health Benefits & Recipe
Mom’s Chicken Pot Pie can have several health benefits when prepared using healthy ingredients and cooked in a nutritious way. Here are some of the health benefits that Mom’s Chicken Pot Pie can offer:
- High in protein: Chicken is an excellent source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue, maintaining healthy bones, and supporting a healthy immune system.
- Rich in vegetables: Pot pies are typically filled with vegetables like carrots, peas, onions, and celery, which are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Good source of complex carbohydrates: The pie crust in Mom’s Chicken Pot Pie is made from flour, which provides complex carbohydrates that are needed for energy.
- Contains healthy fats: If prepared with healthy fats like olive oil or avocado oil, Mom’s Chicken Pot Pie can provide healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that are good for heart health.
- Low in saturated fats: When made with lean chicken and low-fat milk, Mom’s Chicken Pot Pie can be low in saturated fats, which can help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Provides vitamins and minerals: Mom’s Chicken Pot Pie can be a good source of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and calcium.
- May help with weight management: When prepared with healthy ingredients and portioned properly, Mom’s Chicken Pot Pie can be a filling and satisfying meal that can help with weight management.
Overall, Mom’s Chicken Pot Pie can be a healthy and nutritious meal when prepared with healthy ingredients and cooked in a nutritious way.
Here’s a simple and delicious recipe for a classic comfort food: Chicken Noodle Soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the carrots and celery to the pot and sauté for another 3-4 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add the bay leaf and thyme. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the egg noodles to the soup and cook for 8-10 minutes until the noodles are cooked al dente.
- Add the shredded chicken to the soup and heat through. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and comforting bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup!