Recipe & Health Benefits Of Spicy Chicken Tikka Tacos
Read More…..Here are some of the potential health benefits of the ingredients in this recipe:
- Chicken breast: Chicken is a good source of lean protein, which is important for maintaining muscle mass and promoting satiety.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is high in monounsaturated fats, which may help improve cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Spices (garam masala, cumin, smoked paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper): Many spices have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help protect against chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Corn tortillas: Corn tortillas are a good source of complex carbohydrates, which can provide sustained energy and promote feelings of fullness.
- Red cabbage: Red cabbage is rich in vitamins C and K, as well as antioxidants, which can help boost immune function and reduce inflammation.
- Cilantro: Cilantro is a good source of vitamins A and K, as well as antioxidants, which may help protect against chronic disease.
- Queso fresco: Queso fresco is a low-fat, low-calorie cheese that is rich in calcium and protein.
- Lime: Limes are high in vitamin C, which can help boost immune function and protect against oxidative stress.
Overall, this dish is a healthy and flavorful option that incorporates a variety of nutrient-dense ingredients.
Here’s a recipe for an ethnic and fusion dish that combines the flavors of Indian and Mexican cuisine:
Spicy Chicken Tikka Tacos
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8-10 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garam masala, cumin, smoked paprika, turmeric, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add the spice mixture and toss to coat the chicken.
- Spread the chicken out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, heat the tortillas in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds on each side, until slightly charred.
- To assemble the tacos, place a few pieces of chicken on each tortilla. Top with shredded cabbage, cilantro, and crumbled queso fresco. Squeeze a lime wedge over each taco before serving.
Enjoy these spicy chicken tikka tacos with the bold flavors of Indian spices and the freshness of Mexican toppings.